Tuesday 1 January 2019

Here’s To Bright New Year

“The Tooth And Nothing But The Tooth”

By Chris “Dr Smile Maker” Branfield

Here’s To Bright New Year


Hello again, I hope you are well and had a fantastic Christmas.  
Branfield And Son
I am a proud Dad and I’m excited that my son, Edward, will be coming back to join the team at Castle Park Dental Care.  This time, though, it will be as a Dental Therapist, so he will be a clinician.  I know he will be great.  Before he joins us he’s off to Peru for some jungle trekking and climbing Machu Picchu.  I hope he gets back in one piece.  He will be coming with me to Morocco with Dental Maverick’s Charity to do some humanitarian work later in the year.  He has been before as nurse a few times.  That’s what cemented his decision to be a Dental Therapist.  Branfield and Son, eh.
What’s So Bright Then?
Well, I was reflecting on 2018 and what have been my clinical highlights and successes.  The thing that stands out the most as the brightest is…….wait for it….treating snoring with my laser.  Oh I can hear the groans.
Yes, this works like magic.  Using the laser without contact or any cutting or surgery, shrinking back the soft palate to open up the airway to improve breathing 24/7 and stop snoring.  The success rates and positive feedback of the results have been incredible.  No need to sleep in the spare room any more, no  more grief and sore ribs.  I love the life changing stuff and this is the real deal on that score.  Treating snoring with surgery is horrible, often very, very painful and may not work.  It has been removed from NHS services after a NICE review.  I have invested about £200,000 in lasers all together because I knew that it was the best way to treat all sorts of things and help the body heal itself on a cellular level.  I’m very proud of that.   So I’ll continue shine the light in 2019.  Ooh, more groans I feel.  
Getting Even Greener
We have a Green Achiever Certificate because we try where we can to be green and environmentally conscious within the practice.  It’s a tricky thing with all the consumables we have to use.  We have a water dispenser in the lounge area and we have been looking for a more green solution to plastic throw away cups.  We looked at paper but most of these have a plastic inner bit which means that are not recyclable or completely biodegradable.  


Anyway we’ve found some biodegradable “plastic” cups now.  I do hope that they do what say on the tin so to speak.  I have a collapsible coffee mug that I take round with me so tat I don’t need a cup from the coffee shop.  It fits in my pocket!  I even got my Life one for Christmas.  Last of the big spenders, eh.  Lucky woman I here you say.
Until next time.   Take care and be good.  Have a great 2019.  Here’s to making a difference.



Chris Branfield is Principal Dentist at Castle Park Dental Care, Castle Villa, 28 Castle Road, Cottingham, telephone 01482 772550.  He has been in dental practice for 26 years and has a special interest in life changing, pain free dentistry with dental implants, rapid teeth straightening and cosmetic dentistry. And, not only that Chris is founder member and trustee of Dental Mavericks charity- ending the daily dental pain of Moroccan kids. For more patient success stories and Chris’ Humanitarian work go here now www.castleparkdental.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment